The Wine Innovation Cluster (WIC) is governed through two key Groups.
WIC Leadership Group
The Leadership Group comprises senior representatives from the four partner organisations plus two industry representatives, one who is the independent Chair. It meets on a two monthly basis.
Its key roles are:
- Develop the long-term vision for the WIC and implement mechanisms to achieve that vision
- Foster collaboration and cooperation between the WIC Partners
- Encourage, initiate and oversee opportunities for collaborative research and development within WIC
- Publicise and promote the role and capabilities of WIC nationally and internationally
Leadership Group Members
WIC Research Group
The WIC Research Group comprises senior scientists from each of the four partner organisations. It meets monthly.
Responsible to the WIC Leadership Group, the role of the WIC Research Group is to lead collaborative wine research and development by the WIC Partners by:
- Identifying, initiating and overseeing collaborative wine research and development by the WIC Partners
- Forging links with the wine industry to ensure that WIC collaborative research and development proposals have strong industry support and that outcomes are adopted as rapidly as possible
- Where appropriate initiating collaborative arrangements with non-WIC partners to advance WIC projects
Research Group Members